Around the world, entrepreneurship infrastructure has been identified as one of the lynchpins of innovation and commercialization. At the core is a robust business acceleration ecosystem that exists on the innovation continuum. This process is aimed at providing funding, management and business guidance, expertise, mentorship and to train entrepreneurs.
This international conference shall focus on best business management practices and acceleration in Africa which aim at taking business enterprises beyond business idea generation and incubation. The conference strive to engage governments, regulatory bodies, policy makers, industry practitioners, researchers, universities, financial institutions, business and industry associations, technology parks and incubation centre’s, and entrepreneurship societies.
The theme of the conference will be “New concepts for business acceleration for Africa’’.The key note address will be “The role of Public and Private Sectors in promoting business acceleration.”
- Role of Universities in business startup and acceleration
- Entrepreneurial eco-systems for business acceleration
- The role of diaspora in promoting business acceleration in Africa
- Sustainable strategies and models for business incubation and acceleration
- Environmental and social aspects of business acceleration
- Business financing and acceleration
- Practical orientated entrepreneurship training & promotion
- The role of monitoring and evaluation in entrepreneurship promotion
- Innovation models in tourism management for Africa
- ICT in Business
The post conference outcomes shall be driven by MKU School of Business and Economics and Equip Africa Institute to create an entrepreneurship ecosystem database anchored on a national framework for business incubation and acceleration.